Riverview Hospice and Palliative Care
Offered Through Riverview Medical Center in Rock Hill
Riverview Hospice and Palliative Care was established in 2016 as an outreach and continuation of care for our community through all stages of life and health.
Hospice care is a specialized care designed to provide support to you and your loved ones during an advanced illness. A team of doctors, nurses, nursing assistants, social workers, chaplains and grief counselors and volunteers work together to provide:
- Pain and symptom control
- Spiritual care
- Respite care
- Bereavement services
- Help with social issues
- On-call support 24 hours a day
Hospice care focuses on comfort and quality of life, rather than cure. The goal of hospice care is to enable you to have an alert, pain-free life – to live each day as fully as possible. A customized care plan will be designed for the frequency and type of visits by Nursing Assistants, Registered Nurses, Social Services, Chaplain/Bereavement, and Volunteers based on a patient’s individual needs and desires.
Please click here for additional information or please call our Hospice Administrator at ph: 803-326-3384
Palliative care is a multidisciplinary approach to specialized medical care for people with serious illnesses. It focuses on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, physical stress, and mental stress of a serious illness—whatever the diagnosis.
Who Qualifies for Palliative Care?
A patient may qualify for palliative care if they are facing a chronic or progressive condition, such as:
- Heart Disease/Congestive Heart Failure
- Alzheimers and other Neurological conditions
What exactly does our Palliative Care offer?
- Consultation by a physician or nurse practitioner to control your pain and other symptoms
- Home Visits as frequent as necessary
- Help to determine your goals of care
- Coordinating conversations between you and the various specialists on your medical team and translating it into language you can easily understand
- Managing complications of your disease and/or treatment
- Helping to educate you on the typical progression of your disease so you know what to expect
- Helping you access other support services to ensure all of your needs are being met. This may include chaplain visits and social services.
For Palliative Care please call us at (803) 366-7443
CHAP Accredited Program
Created in 1965, CHAP is an independent, not-for-profit, accrediting body for community-based health care organizations that was the first to recognize the need and value for accreditation in community-based care. They are the oldest national, community-based accrediting body with more than 9,000 agencies currently accredited nationwide. CHAP’s purpose is to define and advance the highest standards of community-based care. Riverview Hospice and Palliative Care is proud to work alongside CHAP in exceeding the industry’s highest nationally recognized standards in providing the best quality care to our patients.
For more information, please visit us at www.riverviewhospice.com